It's no secret or magic product; rose water has been a part of skin care routines of men and women for centuries. Although it just looks like water and smells like fresh roses, natural rose water offers many benefits.
Rose Water Benefits: Top 10 Benefits For Skin and How to Use
Rosewater is a great cleanser and aids in removing oil and dirt accumulated in clogged pores. For acne-prone and oily skin types, using a rose water toner will help to clear away dead skin cells and impurities from your pores. For dry skin types, rose water hydrates your skin and improves your overall skin tone.
- Soothes tired eyes: It is good for those people who spend long hours in front of a computer for work. Applying rose water to the eyes brings a sparkle to the eyes and makes them look stunning and healthy.
- Helps prevent fine lines and wrinkles: Rose water can naturally reduce the appearance of wrinkles when applied topically, making it great for anti-aging.
- It helps maintain the skin's natural pH balance and helps to control excess oil production.
- It is an excellent facial cleanser and helps to remove oil and dirt accumulated in clogged pores.
- Tightens pores and makes them appear smaller.
- Has natural antibacterial properties, rose water aids in healing scars, cuts and wounds.
- Naturally prevents sunburn and calms irritated skin due to its anti-inflammatory properties. Store in the fridge and use it when you return from a day out in the sun
- Natural Astringent-like properties, rosewater helps clean pores and tone the skin. Applying rose water after steaming tightens capillaries, reduces redness and blotchiness.
- Rosewater soothes sensitive skin! It can soothe red and sensitive skin because of its anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties. Soothe irritated skin by spraying rose water on the face and massaging the skin gently.
- Help to reduce acne breakouts by removing excess oil from the skin and stopping the growth of bacteria.
Pro Tip: Wipe the skin gently with a cotton ball dipped in rosewater to remove make-up.
What to Look for in a Rose Water Facial Toner
When it comes to picking a good rose water toner, the key is to go for a 100% natural option. A chemical-free, preservative-free rose water is very effective on its own thanks to the power of it's natural botanicals, it does not need any extra ingredients.
When reading rose water product labels, make sure it does not have any artificial fragrances, color dyes, alcohol, or other unrecognizable ingredients.
Which rose water toner is best?
Oh It's Natural's rose water toner has just one ingredient: Distilled Rose Water.
Top 5 Ways to Use Rose Water for Glowing Skin
1. As a Natural Skin Toner We are often told to follow a cleansing, toning and moisturizing skincare regimen in order to keep the skin healthy and radiant. Toning is usually ignored but it is a significant step in skincare as toner removes oils, dirt and debris from the skin that the cleanser has missed. Hence toner aids in cleansing the skin thoroughly while maintaining its delicate pH balance.
2. To reduce under-eye puffiness if your eyes are tired or puffy from lack of sleep, rose water offers a simple solution. Take a chill bottle of rose water (place the fridge for a while). Soak cotton pads in it and gently place on your eyelids. Keep on for as long as you want while enjoying the soothing feeling around your eyes. It will help reduce puffiness and give relief to tired eyes instantly.
3. A powerful natural make-up remover. We choose to ignore the fact that many make-up removers contain alcohol and harsh chemicals that can dry out the skin excessively. Also, all make-up removers might not be suitable for sensitive skin. The soothing properties of rose water make it a gentle make-up remover for all skin types. When mixed with a natural oil, it can dissolve most of the make-up without being harsh on the skin. The skin will feel fresh and hydrated later and the sweet fragrance is an added advantage.
4. Face mist & make-up setting spray helping to cleanse tone and hydrate the skin along with restoring the skin’s pH balance. Apart from that these come handy when you need to freshen up on the go. Face mists usually come fortified with extracts of natural ingredients that are good for the skin. But in case you run out of the face mist, you need not fret. Rose water can act as your personal face mist and make-up setter and save you some bucks.
A spritz of rose water on your face after a long day can be quite refreshing. It can also be used to set make-up and give a dewy finish.
5. Hydrating the skin. One of the amazing benefits of rose water is that it can add a burst of moisture to the skin. The skin will feel cool, soft and relieved instantly. You can use it directly or mix rose water in your face mask or cream to add extra moisture to the skin.
Rose water gives a healthy glow to the skin and is good for boosting hydration. Mix a small amount of rose water in your moisturizing cream and apply it to your face for a refreshing feel. The moisturizer will get easily absorbed in the skin, hydrating it from within.
TIP: Mix 2 tsp of rose water with 1 tsp of coconut or almond oil to create an effective, natural make-up remover that will dissolve the most stubborn make-up with great care.
Rose water has been used as a toner for skin for many years. The natural anti-inflammatory properties help reduce redness of irritated skin, get rid of acne, dermatitis, and eczema. It is safe for all skin types, including the most sensitive skin. It also has antiseptic properties and is often used to impart glow to the skin.
A word from PJ:
Just like all good things, improvement takes time, whether you’re looking to clear breakouts or just reduce the amount of oily shine on your skin. A good skin care routine tailored to your oily skin type will help you do just that.