Rose water is a miracle product brought to us by nature. It has lots of naturally good things like the Vitamin A and C and it has antioxidants that help in reviving tired skin and giving it a glowing complexion. Rose is a natural astringent with anti-inflammatory qualities, as well as being excellent for hydrating and rejuvenating the skin.
Rose Water Spray: 10 Ways To Use
1. Rosewater For Face: Use It As A Setting Spray - Say Goodbye to MAC Fix Plus Rose water works amazingly as a makeup setting spray. These days you can get rose water in a spray bottle. Keep it on your vanity table and spritz a little bit after you have finished doing your makeup and it will set it into place. It is the best thing to use if you feel that your foundation is a bit powdery or too matte, it will give you a very nice healthy and dewy finish.
2. Use it to remove your makeup: Pour a little on a cotton ball and gently rub in a circular motion on the face and around the eyes to gently remove makeup.
3. Use As A Cleanser: Rose water can be used as a gentle facial cleanser. Make your own by mixing one cup of rose water, 2 teaspoons of glycerin and 10 drops of rose essential oil. The essential oil will add to the cleansing properties of this rose water cleanser as well as help preserve it.
4. Use As A Toner: It can be used as a natural facial toner because rose water helps to absorb excess oil from the skin without leaving a drying effect. Make your own by combining 1 1/4 cups of rose water, eight drops of glycerin and 3/4 cup of witch hazel in a dark glass bottle (this is important because you do not want light to affect the mixture). Shake the bottle well before use, and apply daily with cotton balls or swabs. Rose water toner is perfect to combat acne.
5. Use As An Anti-Wrinkle Agent: Apply rose water to your face to tighten pores and prevent wrinkles. Acting as an astringent with anti-inflammatory agents, the rose water will help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
6. Use For Irritated Eyes: Using makeup and eye-shadows regularly can make your eyes feel dry and irritated. Rose water is very effective for irritation, redness and inflammation of eye. Put 2-3 drops in the eye 2-3 times a day.
7. Get Rid Of Excessively Dry or Oily Skin: Rose water helps to balance the pH of the skin, helping to control both dry and oily skin and can soothe many types of dermatitis.
8. Get rid of Acne & Black Heads: Rose water is also used to treat pimples and to get rid of blackheads. The rose petals have anti-bacterial properties and are soothing to the skin. Mix rose water with lemon juice and applying to the skin twice a week . Another way to use rose water is to boil petals in water and steam the face for ten minutes.
9. Get Rid Of Itchy Scalp & Induce Hair Growth: As rose water is anti-inflammatory and reduces dryness it it really good for dry itchy scalp. Rinse your head with rosewater mixed in water. It also nourishes the hair and induces hair growth by increasing the blood flow.
10. Use To Relieve Headaches: Use a little bit of rose water on a cotton ball and apply around the eyes, forehead and temples to soothe headaches.
Wondering Which Rose Water Toner Is The Best?
NATURAL AND EFFECTIVE
Wondering How is Rose Water Made?
The short answer is the process of distillation. What that means is during the process, purified water passes through fresh rose petals, and extracts all of the soluble elements. The water which condenses and drips into a collecting vessel is called Rose Water.
How To Make Rose Water Toner At Home
DIY Rose Water Toner Recipe
- Remove rose petals from stems and run them under luke-warm water to remove any leftover residue.
- Add petals to a large pot and top with enough distilled water to just cover (no more or you’ll dilute the rosewater).
- over medium-low heat bring the water to a simmer and cover.
- Let simmer for 20-30 minutes or until petals have lost their color and are a pale pink.
- Strain the liquid into a glass jar.
- In a spray bottle, add witch hazel and rose water, shake well
- To use: spray directly on face or spray a cotton pad and wipe face to remove any residue.
*witch hazel is optional