How to avoid sunburn
As sun protection it is easily absorbed by the skin. All its beneficial ingredients make it a protective, moisturizingHow to avoid sunburn and rejuvenating skin care product. Hemp seed oil has an SPF rating of 6. Because the plant is capable of developing its own UVR protection (just like other plants do), its extracts form a natural protection from the sun.
Hemp seed oil helps deflect some of the UV rays without affecting the very important absorption of vitamin D, which most synthetic chemical sun protection products do. This is important, because vitamin D plays a vital role in the human body. It is essential for bone growth and for the healthy maintenance of several organ systems, as well as the immune system. Because of its important functions, vitamin D deficiency can lead to many health problems. – We don’t have time for that
Hemp seed oil is also an excellent source for proper keratin, which is a key structural material in making up the outer layer of human skin. In addition, it is a vital component of hair and nails.
Hemp seed oil is the perfect natural product to keep on hand for outdoor activities while enjoying the sun.
Try making your own sunscreen with it with the below recipe.
DIY Hemp Seed Sunscreen
- 2 tbsp. beeswax
- 2 tbsp. shea butter
- 2 tbsp. calendula infused* virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. hempseed oil [LINK TO OIN PRODUCT]
- 1 tbsp. raspberry seed oil
- 1 tsp. vitamin E natural source
- 25 drops lavender essential oil
- 1 tbsp. zinc oxide non-nano to increase the spf to 20
- 1½ tbsp. zinc oxide non-nano to increase the spf to 30.
How to Make
- Using a double boiler, melt the beeswax and shea butter in a glass jar, set in water.
- Stir to combine the beeswax and shea butter. Add calendula infused oil, and hempseed oil to the jar.
- Continue to heat and stir until the beeswax mixture combines with the oils.
- Stir in raspberry seed oil and vitamin E. Stir to combine. Remove from heat as soon as the mixture liquifies.
- Without the addition of zinc oxide this homemade sunscreen recipe has a natural spf of about 15 and offers protection from UVB radiation only.
If adding zinc oxide to the recipe.
- While beeswax and shea butter are melting, stir zinc oxide powder into the oils with a spoon.
- Once the zinc oxide powder is moistened, use a stick blender to combine fully. Use a dust mask and gloves to protect from zinc oxide inhalation.
- Pour the sunscreen mixture into a 4 oz glass jar or tin and label. For a handy sunscreen stick, you can pour the liquid into lip gloss tubes.