Benefits Of Using A Rosewater Toner
Rose water has anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce the redness of irritated skin, get rid of acne, dermatitis and eczema. It is a great cleanser and aids in removing oil and dirt accumulated in clogged pores.
It is safe for all skin types including the most sensitive skin. Rose water has been a popular beauty ingredient since ancient times and is often found in beauty products for its rejuvenating, soothing and calming properties. It also has antiseptic properties and is often used to impart glow to the skin.
How is RoseWater Made?
The short answer is the process of distillation. What that means is during the process, purified water passes through fresh rose petals, and extracts all of the soluble elements. The water which condenses and drips into a collecting vessel is called Rose Water.
Top 5 Ways to Use Rose Water for glowing skin
1. As a Natural Skin Toner We are often told to follow a cleansing, toning and moisturizing skincare regimen in order to keep the skin healthy and radiant. Toning is usually ignored but it is a significant step in skincare as toner removes oils, dirt and debris from the skin that the cleanser has missed. Hence toner aids in cleansing the skin thoroughly while maintaining its delicate pH balance.
2. To reduce under-eye puffiness if your eyes are tired or puffy from lack of sleep, rose water offers a simple solution. Take a chill bottle of rose water (place the fridge for a while). Soak cotton pads in it and gently place on your eyelids. Keep on for as long as you want while enjoying the soothing feeling around your eyes. It will help reduce puffiness and give relief to tired eyes instantly.
3. A powerful natural makeup remover. We choose to ignore the fact that many makeup removers contain alcohol and harsh chemicals which can dry out the skin excessively. Also, all makeup removers might not be suitable for sensitive skin. The soothing properties of rose water make it a gentle makeup remover for all skin types. When mixed with a natural oil, it can dissolve most of the makeup without being harsh on the skin. The skin will feel fresh and hydrated later and the sweet fragrance is an added advantage.
4. Face mist & setting spray helping to cleanse tone and hydrate the skin along with restoring the skin’s pH balance. Apart from that these come handy when you need to freshen up on the go. Face mists usually come fortified with extracts of natural ingredients which are good for the skin. But in case you run out of the face mist, you need not fret. Rose water can act as your personal face mist and makeup setter and save you some bucks.
A spritz of rose water on your face after a long day can be quite refreshing. It can also be used to set make-up and give a dewy finish.
5. Hydrating the skin. One of the amazing benefits of rose water is that it can add a burst of moisture to the skin. The skin will feel cool, soft and relieved instantly. You can use it directly or mix rose water in your face mask, cream or lotion to add extra dose of moisturisation to the skin.
Rose water gives healthy glow to the skin and is good for boosting hydration. Mix a small amount of rose water in your moisturizing cream and apply it on your face for a refreshing feel. The moisturizer will get easily absorbed in the skin hydrating it from within.
TIP: Mix 2 tsp of rose water with 1 tsp of coconut or almond oil to create an effective, natural make-up remover that will dissolve the most stubborn make-up with great care.
Handmade made Rosewater Recipe
- Remove petals from stems and run them under luke-warm water to remove any leftover residue.
- Add petals to a large pot and top with enough distilled water to just cover (no more or you’ll dilute your rosewater).
- over medium-low heat bring the water to a simmer and cover.
- Let simmer for 20-30 minutes or until petals have lost their color and are a pale pink.
- Strain the mixture to separate the petals from the water.
- Discard petals and place water in a glass jar to store.
Handmade Rosewater Face Toner:
- Add witch hazel to the rosewater you just made
- Combine all ingredients in a spray bottle and shake.
- To apply: spray directly on face or spray a cotton pad and wipe face to remove any residue.
A word from PJ:
Just like all good things, improvement takes time, whether you’re looking to clear breakouts or just reduce the amount of oily shine on your skin. A good skin care routine tailored to your oily skin type will help you do just that. Don’t hesitate to contact Princess if you need help.