Desserts! Who doesn't like them? And who says you can't have them if you're trying to eat healthy? Well, get ready for a treat because these blueberry hemp tarts are delicious and nutritious at the same time! The best part? It's soooo easy to make that you'll probably be creating them in your kitchen as often as you can.
The blueberry is practically dubbed the King (or Queen!) of Antioxidants. They prevent cell damage and fight free radicals, which are enemies of our skin. So when you eat blueberries, you're essentially eating your way to healthy and glowing skin! Plus, blueberries are also rich in Vitamin C and dietary fiber, both of which are very good for raising immunity and improving gut health. On the other hand, hemp seeds are a great source of protein, vitamins, and a bunch of minerals. With these two superfoods in a sweet tart, you're really getting a delicious treat packed with nutrients. Your taste buds will love it, your body will thank you for it -- it's a guilt-free pleasure.
So, put on your apron and let's whip up some blueberry hemp tarts!
Easy Vegan Blueberry Hemp Tarts
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Makes: 6 servings
- 25g hemp flour
- 150g almonds
- 4 dates, pitted
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 120g cashews (soak these 2 hours prior to creating the recipe, then drain)
- 80g blueberries, frozen
- 50g hulled hemp seeds, hulled
- 1 date, pitted
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsps desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs
- a handful of blueberries
How to Make Blueberry Hemp Tarts
- Add the crust ingredients (hemp flour, almonds, dates, and sea salt) in a food processor. You can also add a bit of coconut oil if you want. Let it process until the mixture sticks together when it's pinched.
- Press the mixture into silicone tart cases and freeze for 20 minutes. You can go watch a quick episode of your fave tv show while waiting. After 20 minutes have passed, pop out the tarts out of the cases.
- Blend the filling ingredients (cashews, blueberries, hemp seeds, date) until smooth. Mix in the coconut oil and blend well. Freeze your filling mixture until solid.
- Transfer the filling to each tart crust.
- Sprinkle your topping ingredients -- coconut, cacao, hemp seeds, and of course, blueberries.
- Your blueberry hemp tarts are ready to serve!