Hemp and Pistachio Butter Cups
Here's a new recipe to satisfy your sugar cravings (without the sugar, of course!). You probably already know our inspo for this particular recipe, but we're kinda thinking we could skip the peanut butter for this one. So, we've come up with an alternative we're sure you'd love!
These hemp and pistachio cups are absolutely heavenly. Aside from hemp seeds and pistachios, we also used coconut to create a smooth green filling at the center. Everything is then coated with luscious dark chocolate for a vegan and keto-friendly treat!
Of course, hemp and pistachio butter don't miss out on nutritional content as well. As you know, hemp seeds are rich in antioxidants and minerals. On the other hand, pistachios are full of healthy fats, fiber, and protein. Both of these delicious ingredients are known for boosting the immune system and also keeping you fuller for longer. So if you're trying to lose weight, this recipe is made from the right ingredients to keep you sane as you're trying to take off those extra pounds.
Don't worry, this is one of those recipes that's not as intimidating as it looks. Making these cups is easy, and I'm sure you'd love whipping them up as much as I do. You can serve them to people at a party or just make a few for yourself when you're watching movies or having some "me" time. You can even give these treats to your kids -- they'll definitely like this great new alternative to peanut butter cups.
- 2 cups hemp seeds
- 2 cups pistachios
- 3 cups desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 100g dark chocolate (at least 70%)
- 15 drops liquid stevia
- 1 vanilla bean with seeds scraped
- Add the hemp seeds, pistachios, desiccated coconut, and coconut oil in a food processor or high powered blender. Blend until everything is well incorporated and has a consistency like peanut butter.
- Take 1 cup of the butter mixture and place it in a separate bowl. Mix in the vanilla bean seeds and stevia. Note that you can use less or more drops of stevia depending on the level of sweetness you want. As for the rest of the butter hemp pistachio butter left in the blender, you can store it in a jar and pop it in the fridge so you can make more cups later.
- Now let's move on to the chocolate. Place a bowl over a pot of simmering water, then put in the dark chocolate to melt.
- Use 2/3 of the chocolate to make the first layer of the cups. Fill a lined mini muffin tray then place in the freezer for about 20 minutes or until it's fully set.
- Remove the tray from the freezer and make the middle layer using the filling you just prepared. You can use a normal spoon for this. Once all the cups have a filling, pop the tray back into the freezer for another 20 minutes to set.
- Add the final layer of chocolate on top and freeze again.
- Once everything is set, sprinkle with extra hemp seeds and enjoy!