When talking about superfoods, Acai berries are definitely high up on the list. They're such an amazing source of antioxidants, fiber, and healthy fats, which all have powerful benefits for the body. In this recipe, we'll be channeling all the goodness of Acai berries and multiplying that by combining it with other great ingredients such as goji berries, hemp seeds, granola, and almond milk. We're making something that's called an Acai bowl -- it looks good, it tastes good, and it's super quick to make.
So, an Acai bowl is basically pureed acai berries mixed with other fruits like blackberries, blueberries, and strawberries. You can use an acai berry puree but the powder will do just fine too. You can make endless combinations of your fave fruits with Acai bowls, but I chose to use the classics for this particular recipe.
I usually blend the frozen fruits with unsweetened almond milk, then I pour this smoothie mixture into bowls and go on a topping spree with any combination I like. I may add bananas or other things like coconut. As long as it's organic and I can easily get it from the kitchen, I can throw that in there and enjoy all the fun flavors.
For this recipe, I chose gluten-free muesli for more fiber, goji berries for that antioxidant boost, hemp seeds and shredded coconut for healthy fats, milk for protein, and honey for sweetness.
You can also put in other types of food such as nuts and seeds, as these healthy fats facilitate a slow release of sugar into our bloodstream. That way, you wouldn't be craving sugar later in the day.
This goji berries and hemp acai bowl is a perfect breakfast or snack. It's super easy to make so you can find the time to quickly whip up one of these.
How to Make Goji Berry and Hemp Acai Bowl
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Acai Bowl Base
- 1 package acai berry puree OR 2 tbsp acai berry powder
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cups frozen mixed berries
- 2 bananas (frozen, peeled, and diced)
- 1 banana (not frozen, sliced)
- 1/4 cup goji berries
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds hulled
- 1/2 cup gluten-free muesli
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup granola
- 4 tsp honey (vegan alternative: coconut nectar or agave)
- Add your bowl base ingredients (acai puree or powder, milk, berries, and bananas) to a blender and let it blend until it reaches a smooth and thick consistency.
- Take the smoothie out of the blender and divide the smoothie mixture between 4 bowls.
- It's time to add the toppings! For each bowl, you'll add 1/4 sliced banana, 2 tablespoons of shredded coconut, 1 tablespoon of hemp seeds, 1 tablespoon of goji berries, 2 tablespoons of granola, and 1 teaspoon of honey. Serve.